– Hello. My name
is Nika Geneva. I am a special effects
makeup artist, and today, I’m going undercover
to challenge some reactors. ♪ (upbeat intro) ♪ – (FBE) When I say
“special effects makeup,” what do you think of?
– AHHH! The Grinch, Lord of the Rings.
– I think of aliens immediately. – Halloween makeup.
– Wish I could do it. Yeah, for movies and stuff.
– (FBE) Well, today, we’re gonna have you two attempt to recreate
some iconic special effects makeup looks from popular movies.
– Woo-hoo! – (FBE) So, do you consider
yourselves makeup aficionados? – Regular makeup. And I love
Halloween makeup, but I don’t know about special effects.
– I’m kind of on the same page. I’m kind of okay
with everyday makeup. – I don’t know what anything does.
I barely know normal makeup, so I don’t know how I’m going
to be able to justify special effects makeup.
– Yeah, I would say– – Your makeup is perfect.
– Oh, thank you. Yours is too. – Thanks.
– Of course. We’re perfect for this. – (FBE) Of course,
there’s a little bit of a twist. So, you guys are actually
competing with each other to see who can do the best
recreation of this iconic look. We’re gonna be posting these looks
on our social media and letting our audience vote
on which one they like the best. – Oh, you know who to vote for.
– I already know you’re gonna win. Like, I know for a–
– How do you know? – Because I’ve never done any of this.
– (FBE) So, you guys are ready to attempt your very first
special makeup look? – Yes.
– (FBE) So Tom, go ahead and pick up that picture there in the center.
– Oh my gosh! – Oh, okay.
– That is so fun. – Okay.
– Absolutely, honey! We’re about to get real
Suicide Squad-y up in this bitch. – (FBE) So, you guys are gonna
be turning yourself into Harley Quinn by copying Margot Robbie’s look
from Suicide Squad. Be sure to include both
of those face tattoos, the small scar on her eyebrow,
and of course, the face paint. So, you’re gonna need to do
the scars on his mouth. You don’t have to do them
exactly the way that they’re done in the photo, but you need to have
some attempt of a mouth scar there. – What the [bleep]?
– (FBE) I’m gonna put 40 minutes on the clock,
and your time starts now. – Oh my gosh.
– I could literally just go for it and just go and give myself the scars,
I feel like it would be easier. – Don’t do that.
– (chuckles) – I’ve never done Harley Quinn.
It came out– – There you go. I’ve never–
– When the movie came out for sure, and it was like– I feel like
everyone was doing it, so I’m like, “I’m not gonna do it,
’cause everybody else is doing it.” – There we go. Nice.
I don’t know how much scars I’m supposed to do.
– I already have a little bit of a beat on now,
but I’m gonna show you how you can go from
daytime beautiful model such as myself to just hooker
of the night in 40 minutes. – All right, baby. All right, I think I’m done.
What do you think? – (laughs) Don’t make me laugh.
It’s so mean, just sabotaging me! – The Joker laughs all the time.
Honestly, this just looks like I’m putting glue on my face. ♪ (playful music) ♪ – No! What is this, glue?
What the heck? – That looks like–
probably something for the scar, I would assume.
– Yeah! I put it all over my face. – You never really thought
about how much the Joker had to put on makeup
in the morning. He has to do this every single day. The thing that I have going for me
is that he kind of puts on his makeup like he’s had a really wild night out.
– Every time I think, “No, that’s way too pale,
no, she’s paler than that.” – (laughs) ♪ (playful music continues) ♪ – Oh my god. Your station
is so neat, and mine looks a little insane,
like Harley Quinn. – What would be really funny is if
she was a professional makeup artist and y’all didn’t tell me! Ooh! I’m already stumbling.
Wait, it’s really hard backwards. – (FBE) All right, you’ve got
about 15 minutes left here. – Whaat?!
– Wow, I’m becoming really creepy looking.
I don’t like it. – (FBE) Five minutes.
You only have five minutes left. – Oh! OH! AHHH!
– (chuckles) – I’m not ready!
I’m not ready!! – Trying to do mascara
last minute. I’m gonna try! I feel like I always need
more time, but… – It felt like I had too much time.
– (FBE chuckles) – (chuckles)
– (FBE) All right, Harleys. – You look beautiful.
– Cool! – Oh, see. That’s how
you do the tattoo. – Oh, stop!
– It was fun. I always have fun
playing with makeup for sure. – I feel like I kind of look
like the CVS brand version of the Joker, but other than that,
I feel like I’m doing pretty good. – Those are like real scars.
This is what you see on the packaging, and this
is what you actually do. (chuckles)
– (Nika laughs) – (FBE) Nika, it didn’t
trip you up at all. Is there a reason that you were
so used to using scar makeup? – Yeah. I–
– Or that you could tell the difference between
scar makeup and actual makeup? – The reason is I’m actually
a professional makeup artist. – Shut up!
– Ah! – Stop it!
– You got it! – AHHHH!
– It was so hard to not say. – I KNEW IT!
– (Nika) Ahhh! – Yes! I love it!
– I’m a special effects makeup artist. – Whoa! That’s so cool!
What do you usually do? – I do all kinds of things.
I just finished a horror film. I do a lot of short films.
I have six features under my belt. – (FBE) Well, here’s the deal, Tom.
Since you did one look without any help here, we’re gonna
actually let you guys do a second look. And this time,
Nika will give you some pointers. – Really? Okay. Let’s go!
I’m with that. – Oh, stop it! What now?!
AHHHH! – (FBE) All right, so go ahead
and pick up that picture there, and look at it. – Ah!
– Oh my gosh! (chuckles) That’s legit.
– Oh my gosh! (laughs) – Ohhh! Absolutely!
This is so dope! – (FBE) We’re gonna have you guys
turn yourselves into human popsicles, similar to Jack Nicholson’s
character in The Shining. For this final look,
Nika will give you a couple of pointers,
and we’re gonna give you guys a full 50 minutes to freeze yourself.
– (softly) Wow. Wow. – It’s my first master class.
I’m ready. ♪ (whimsical music) ♪ – You wanna use this as a base.
– A base? So, this is going all over my face?
– Yeah, meaning you put– no, no, no. It’s a base
under, you know, where the streaks are.
– Ohhhh. – You’re gonna be placing
those little particles. You’re gonna put the gel first,
and then you’re gonna build from– this is kind of, like–
these are the larger ones, so you’ll start from the larger
to the more fine ones. And then you can apply that
with the spatula kind of, you know, where the streaks are.
And then put those little particles on top with either a brush
or the spatula again. I use the spatula,
’cause it gets sticky, so it’s perfect. – So, should I do
one at a time maybe? – Yeah. Mm-hmm.
– Okay. – I would say so. – (Tom) Are you putting goo?
– Yeah. – (gasps) Goo! – Oh, that’s cool.
The different sizes and stuff create that element.
That’s really, really cool. – What do you think of this eye?
– Yeah! – Better than this one almost.
– Yeah. Yeah. – Big ones?
– You got this. Yeah, you start with the big ones.
– How are you putting it in? Are you just dipping
your little spatula? – Yeah, because it–
wait, when– ’cause it has already some gel on it. – Ooh, baby. Too much goo!
Too much goo! Ahhh! (laughs) Look at it!
What are you supposed to do with this?! – Yeah!
– Like that? – Yeah!
– Similar? – Yeah. – Look like a low budget
zombie right now. – No, you don’t.
Did you overdo it? – …No. (laughs)
– No? (chuckles) – Maybe.
– I’m just going in. I’m just gonna keep adding
until somebody tries to stop me. ♪ (whimsical music continues) ♪ (tool clatters)
– What happened? – Nothing. I didn’t drop anything.
– I don’t know what else to do. – She’s ready. – You can’t tell me I’m not cold.
You can’t TELL ME I’m not COLD, honey! – For someone who’s
never done this before, you did pretty good.
– Aww, thank you! – He’s kind of cross-eyed
too, like.. ♪ (dramatic music) ♪ – Oh, nice! WHOA!
– I know, I went a little crazy. – That’s awesome!
That’s great. – I just looked at her!
Oh, no! (chuckles) That makes me look more ridiculous.
– You’re done. – Thank you. Back at ya.
(chuckles) We’re frozen.
– I know it’s hard to make expressions.
– I’m like, “I’m gonna crack.” – (FBE) So, you did it!
You just completed your second special effects look. How did George do?
– That is so cool. He did AMAZING.
Killed it. Absolutely killed it. – Killed it, literally.
Like, I killed myself. – Look at that. Amazing.
– I’ve always had a deep respect for makeup as an artistry
but even more so now. It’s so intricate.
– It’s different. That’s what I like.
It’s something different. I’m not going to
the grocery store like this, but I would if it
was Halloween. (chuckles) – And I’ve had so much fun today.
Literally, this has to be one of my favorite challenges we’ve done.
– Me too! Thank you for being here! – Thank you for coming! Are you serious?
– You did great! Oh my god. Look, it’s snowing.
– I hope we can do more. – I wanna do more.
It’s always snowing, honey. – Yeah! (chuckles) I love it.
– It’s always snowing. – Thanks for watching us work
with a professional makeup artist on the React Channel. – Subscribe for new shows every day.
– Thanks for watching! Bye! – Hey, fam! React
producer Mary here. Do you wanna get
to know us even better? Well, be sure to head over
to FBE2 for behind-the-scenes content, additional shows,
livestreams, and more. Thanks for watching. Bye!